Even if it looks a little different this year, there's still joy to be found around the holiday season. Whether it's the lights at Potawatomi Zoo or a private Zoom with Santa, here are some ways to get in the spirit.
Send an #OnlyinTheBend Holiday Card
Want to send along season's greetings with a local flair? You can pick from one of our six holiday cards! Download and print or simply save the photo and send. Either way, you can touch base with family and friends with a unique image featuring local scenes around South Bend, Notre Dame and Mishawaka.
RELATED CONTENT: Pick Out Your Holiday Card
Events in Downtown South Bend
When: Dec. 4-24
Where: The Gridiron
- 5-9 p.m. Fridays Dec. 4,11,18
- noon-4 p.m. Saturdays Dec. 5, 12,19
- noon-4 p.m. Sundays Dec. 6, 13, 20
- noon-4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec 23
- noon-4 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 24
Look for the little red house next to the South Bend Chocolate Café and you’ll soon find Santa. Bring your camera for a photo op. And don’t forget the wish list. To help slow the spread of coronavirus, there will be new guidelines in place this year:
- To avoid crowds in line to see Santa, visits will be done through timed online reservations made online.
- The link reserve a Santa visit will appear online the Tuesday before each weekend.
- Plexiglass will separate Santa from guests
- Hand sanitizer will be available
MORE INFO: Sign Up to See Santa
Holiday Lights at the Zoo
Visit Potawatomi Zoo between Nov. 27-Dec. 20 for The Gift of Lights. More than a million lights are wrapped around trees and free-standing displays throughout Indiana’s first zoo.