One of our great celebrations is right around the corner. Start planning your trip after checking out some of the events listed below.
Fireworks in The Bend
If you're looking for fireworks shows, here are some of the options.
- July 2-4 | St. Joseph County 4H Fair
- Head to the fair for exhibits, food and fun. Fireworks begin at dusk each night from July 2-4.
- July 3 | Mishawaka Independence Day Celebration
- Annual, family friendly event from 3-11 p.m. at Central Park with fireworks.
- Car show, rock wall, food vendors, zipline and more all planned throughout the day.
- Free show by local band The 1985 starting at 8 p.m.
- July 3 | Movie night + fireworks at Four Winds Field
- The South Bend Cubs will host a family friendly event with the team out of town.
- "Wreck-It Ralph" then "Toy Story" will be shown starting at 6:30, followed by fireworks.
- July 3 | South Bend Motor Speedway
- Monster trucks, racing, plus fireworks.
- For more info, visit: http://www.racesouthbendmotorspeedway.com/
July 3-4 | East Race Waterway
Want some adventure? Look no further than North America's first man-made white water rafting course. With waves up to six feet or higher and a total fall of about 12 feet, the East Race Waterway is built for thrills. Open Saturdays and Sundays throughout the summer, you can go down the rapids in a raft (provided) with others or try your hand at going down in a kayak (bring your own).
First Fridays: Urban Picnic
July 2 | Downtown South Bend
First Fridays is a celebration of all things downtown South Bend with a different them every month. Click here for more information on this event.