One of our great celebrations is right around the corner. Start planning your trip after checking out some of the events listed below.
Fireworks in The Bend
If you're looking for fireworks shows, here are some of the options.
- July 1 | First Fridays
- Celebrate Americana in downtown South Bend with fireworks at dusk over the Jefferson Bridge.
- July 2 | Mishawaka Independence Day Celebration
- Annual, family friendly event from 3-11 p.m. at Central Park with fireworks.
- Games for kids, food vendors and more all planned throughout the day.
- July 2 | South Bend Motor Speedway
- Monster trucks plus fireworks.
- For more info, visit: http://www.racesouthbendmotorspeedway.com/
- July 4 | South Bend Cubs Baseball Game
- Fireworks will take place after the game is complete. First pitch is 7:05 p.m.
- July 4 | Newton Park
- Newton Park in Lakeville is hosting a free event with live music and fireworks.
- Gates open at 7 p.m. with music starting at 8 p.m. and fireworks at 10 p.m.
St. Joseph County 4-H Fair
July 1-8 | St. Joseph County Fairgrounds
Nothing says summer quite like the fair. Head to the midway for games and rides, walk through the animal barns and make sure to save room for some of your favorite fair food. This year's fair runs from July 1-8 with entertainment planned for every day.
July 2-3 | East Race Waterway
Want some adventure? Look no further than North America's first man-made white water rafting course. With waves up to six feet or higher and a total fall of about 12 feet, the East Race Waterway is built for thrills. Open Saturdays and Sundays throughout the summer, you can go down the rapids in a raft (provided) with others or try your hand at going down in a kayak (bring your own).
First Fridays: Star Spangled Downtown
July 1 | Downtown South Bend
First Fridays is a celebration of all things downtown South Bend with a different them every month. This one will include fireworks at dusk over the Jefferson Bridge.