South Bend Cubs game offers more than just baseball.
Promotions, fun zones, rooftop views, amazing food — Four Winds Field is a family friendly entertainment destination all season long. You can watch future Major Leaguers, take kids to the splash pad and fun zone or catch up with friends at the Miller Lite Tiki Hut. Find out more about one of The Bend's most fun places to visit.
A Pipeline to Chicago
The name of our team is no coincidence: These Cubs are a High-A affiliate of the big league squad. South Bend is the closest Chicago Cubs farm team in terms of proximity to the big club, a 90-minute drive or easy train ride on the South Shore Line.
Places To Stay
From chic hotels to quiet bed and breakfasts, there are plenty of options in The Bend…
Four Winds Field
Originally built in 1987 and named Stanley Coveleski Regional Stadium, Four Winds Field underwent a massive renovation in the early 2010s. It has since been recognized as one of the best ballparks in Minor League baseball. Ballpark Digest named it Best Ballpark in 2017. The ballpark includes the Cubs Den Team Store, United Federal Credit Union Rooftop and other unique spaces.
Eating at the Ballpark
Four Winds Field offers up more than hot dogs and peanuts, although these are fantastic options! Elsewhere in the ballpark you can find items like pulled pork sandwiches, gourmet burgers, build-your-own nachos, mac and cheese and Philly cheesesteaks. It's a foodie's delight.
There is way more to do at Four Winds Field for kids than simply watching the game (that's great too!). There is a Fun Zone past the left field bleachers with slides and other inflatables. Down the right field line, you'll find a splash pad that's busy on summer nights. Kids can also visit the batting cages at the 1st Source Bank Performance Center.
The Cubs schedule features a wide variety of promotions and giveaways during the season. Here are those you can expect to see regularly:
- Triple Play Tuesday: This deal includes a ticket, jumbo hot dog and 24-oz. fountain soda for $13 if you purchase in advance of gameday. Tickets must be purchased 24 hours before the game. Tuesdays also include Tail Wagging Tuesday, where fans can bring their dog to the game. Owners do have to sign a waiver prior to entry.
- Giveaway Wednesday: Fans will receive a South Bend Cubs apparel or collectible item on these days (with certain exclusions).
- Thirsty Thursday: Featuring 16-oz. domestic drafts beer and 24-oz. fountain sodas for $2 all game.
- Fantastic Friday Fireworks: Yep, every Friday where there's a home game there will be fireworks afterward.
- Spin to Win Saturday: Nine fans during each game will have a chance to spin the prize wheel to win one of six prizes, including a 50-inch TV, an iPad and more.
- Sunday FUNday: Come early for a special autograph session with South Bend Cubs players and play catch on the field before the game.
How to Spend Spring Break in The Bend
Planning for spring break doesn’t have to mean a trip to the beach. Sometimes you want to slow things down for a few days, stay close to home and have fun as a family. If…