Concours d'Elegance at Copshaholm
Scheduled for July 8, 2023, the Concours d'Elegance at Copshaholm is one of the premier car shows in the Midwest and a can't-miss South Bend event. Get ready for this year's edition of the Concours with our comprehensive guide.
Schedule of Events
Taking place Saturday, July 8, the Concours d'Elegance is an action-packed, one-day event. Plan for your visit with this schedule:
- 10 a.m. - Concours and Museum Campus opens to the public
- 11 a.m. - Copshaholm (The Oliver Mansion) opens to the public
- 1 p.m. - People's Choice ballots due
- 2:30 p.m. - Pass-in-Review & Awards Presentation begins
- 4 p.m. - Concours closes
- 5 p.m. - Museum campus closes
2023 Vehicle Classes and Awards
Although the Concours always displays an array of stunning vehicles, the classes do change every year. The 2023 classes again offer a wide variety of styles.
- The American Station Wagon
- Open class for American-built station wagons.
- The Best Thing on Wheels: Oldsmobile
- Class for Oldsmobile-branded vehicles.
- The Centennial Club: Pre-1923 Automobiles
- Open Class for all automobiles built in 1923 or prior.
- The Corvette at 70
- Corvettes of all years.
- Grace, Space and Pace: Jaguar
- SS and Jaguar automobiles.
- Haul of Fame: Pickup Trucks
- Open class for pickup trucks
- Indianapolis Classics: Cole Duesenberg, Marmon, National and Stutz
- A class for Indianapolis-built full classics.
- Multi-cylinder Motoring: The Twelves and Sixteens
- Open class for automobiles with 12 and 16-cylinder engines
- New Deal Motoring: 1933-42
- Open class for "affordable" automobiles from 1933-42.
- Studebaker's Finest: The Raymond Loewy Era
- Featuring 1938-55 Studebakers, 1956 Hawks and the Studebaker Avanti
Several awards are presented at the end of the event, including Best in Show, Junior Judging, Champion Awards, Best of Class and Premier Awards.
FAQ: Concours d'Elegance at Copshaholm
Q: What is a Concours d'Elegance?
Concours d'Elegance is a French phrase that means "competition of elegance" and connotes a prestigious competition where cars are judged.
Q: What cars are at a Concours?
Although the field itself varies year to year, vehicles displayed at a Concours are of the highest quality in their class. Condition of the vehicle is very important and should be to the highest standard.
Q: How long has the Concours d'Elegance at Copshaholm been happening?
The Concours d'Elegance at Copshaholm started in 2018 and has taken place every year since.
Q: What is Copshaholm?
Also known as the Oliver Mansion, Copshaholm is a 38-room historic mansion built in 1895-96 by South Bend industrialist J.D. Oliver. The Concours d'Elegance takes place on the lawn and gardens around the mansion, which is also open for tours during the event.